Monday, May 25, 2009

Neighborhood Garden Tours





Here is a partial listing of neighborhood garden tours coming up this summer. Some are by bus (Bainbridge) but most are self-guided driving or walking fromone private garden to the next all within various neighborhoods. I've gone on a number of these (Queen Anne, Wallingford, West Seattle, Bainbridge, and Burien). My favorite by far is always the Wallingford tour. It's amazing what these gardeners are able to pack in to a small city lot! I also like this one because most of the hardscaping and landscaping is all do-it-yourself. I'd have to say my second favorite is the West Seattle tour in terms of creativity and variety. Last year we visited a garden where every square inch of it was dedicated to veggies and herbs. They grew all there own produce and canned for the winter months. I hope you have the chance to check out a garden tour this summer. 

This photo is taken from one of my new favorite blogs http://bloomtown.typepad.com/


Wallingford Garden Tour 

Sunday June 7, 2009 10am-4pm

http://www.wallingford.org/page.aspx?pageid=4195



Gig Harbor

June 27-28 

www.gigharborguide.com/gardentour


Whidbey Island

June 27 

www.wigt.org


Symphony of Gardens (Kirkland, Medina and Yarrow Point)

June 28 

www.bellevuephil.org


Woodinville Tour of Gardens

July 18 

www.woodinvillegardenclub.org


Georgetown Art and Garden Walk

July 9 

www.georgetownneighborhood.com


Bainbridge in Bloom

July 10-12

www.gardentour.org


West Seattle

July 19 

http://www.westseattlegardentour.com/


Columbia City / Rainier Valley Garden Tour

August 22 

http://www.rainiervalleygardentour.org/

6 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of garden tours, being the president of the largest garden tour in the country! You can be sure I'll be checking out all these tour websites to see what and how they do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how exciting. I'd love to see pictures! When is your garden tour? Would love to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our garden tour (this year is the 15th!) is the last week of July each year (Saturday and Sunday, July 25 & 26, 10am-4pm). Not necessarily the best time for a garden, but gardeners never really have a "best" time do they? It's more than 310 urban gardens located in a roughly 4-square mile area. It's free, no tickets required, self guided–start & end where you choose. Maps of the gardens are free, as are shuttles around the area. Many of the gardens have appeared in national gardening magazines - from Garden Gate magazine to upcoming features in Better Homes & Gardens.

    Visit www.GardenWalkBuffalo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I just saw the sings for the Wallingford Tour today and now here's your post about it. Must be... a sign I need to go! Will have to drag my kid along so may not get to a ton of them, but maybe we'll try for a few. Wallingford gardens are my favorite too! Great sense of individuality there, you feel that people don't really care what their neighbors think and just go for it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry guys. I had all the wrong dates in here. I must have copied last year's list. I just updated so should be correct.

    ReplyDelete