Monday, May 18, 2009

Upcoming Classes and Workshops

Pruning Classes

http://www.plantamnesty.org/documents/masterPruner2009.pdf

Multiple dates listed

Cass Turnbull of Plant Amnesty is THE authority on pruning. She has a great book out and I actually just saw her speak. If you ever have a question about how to prune something or just would like the art of pruning demystified, I would highly recommend a class or buying her pruning book. Her book is actually a fun read and some of her descriptions have you laughing out loud. I know, it's hard to believe a pruning book could be entertaining but really, it is!


--------------------------------------


West Seattle Edible Garden Fair: Learn To Grow Your Own Groceries!

http://www.seattlegreendrinks.org/node/1058

Date: Saturday, May 23, 2009
Time: 9:30AM - 4:00PM

Location: South Seattle Community College Landscape Horticulture
Buildings, 6000 16th Ave SW, Seattle, WA, 98106

Admission: FREE!!


--------------------------------------


Drip Irrigation for Successful Food Gardening

Taught by David Stoller, Davey & Goliath
(two dates & locations)

Wednesday, May 20, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
South Seattle Community College
Cost: $15. Pre-registration required. 
Register at www.learnatsouth.org or call (206) 764-5339

View class description.


--------------------------------------


Simplify Your Summer Gardening

Taught by Ladd Smith, In Harmony Sustainable Landscapes

Saturday, June 6, 11:00–Noon
Molbak’s at 13625 NE 175th St, Woodinville (425) 483-5000 
Cost: Free. No pre-registration. View class description  


2 comments:

  1. Did you go to Cass T's talk at the Festival of Trees the other weekend? I missed hers but did listen to most of Ciscoe Morris' about best trees for Seattle gardens, which was fun since I'm pondering a shade tree for the overly-sunny backyard at the moment. I'm scared of pruning, I should got take one of those PA classes someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I actually went to a talk she did for a mom's group my friend is in. It was so great because it was a real small crowd (about 15 or so). They had a coffee hour before and I got to chat with Cass for about 20 min before it started. I'm considering taking out our Cherry tree after she convinced me that I wouldn't be able to keep the height down without harming the tree so then we were talking about what I could plant in it's place.

    We had an overly sunny back yard too when we moved into our house 5 years ago. That's part of the reason I planted the cherry but it's always getting diseases. It's tough because every time it blooms I want to keep it but then it looks pretty horrible the rest of the year.

    Sounds like you're in the know about all the good classes/lectures. Where do you get your info?

    ReplyDelete