Monday, May 18, 2009

What's Blooming in the Peloza Garden

I have to say, I don't have a super amazing Spring display but I do have a few plants that really steal the show this time of year which are:

Doublefile Viburnum
I love the tiered horizontal structure. 




Allium 'Ivory Prince'
I love the graphic quality of this bulb and unlike most alliums, this one is low to the ground.



Tree Peony
I can take no credit for this. It was here when we moved in. Each flower is the size of a dinner plate. This picture is shot looking down from our deck. My mother and law brings all her gardening friends over to see it when it's in full bloom. Unfortunately, that's only for a week or two.



I wish this picture was from my garden but it's not! This is a public NY garden.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cami - Thanks for stopping by my blog, always nice to "meet" another Seattle garden blogger! Did you know we get together sometimes? We skipped May but have a few other meetings coming up. Let me know if you're interested, we have a Google groups listserv too and also a Facebook page. It's a pretty fun group of folks and everyone has been really generous with sharing seeds, plants, knowhow, etc. Love your viburnum, is it evergreen? Also the tree peony, so impressive. I know it's deciduous, it must make kind of a big hole in the winter, huh? Do you plant something over it, bulbs or ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to join your group. Please let me know how to do so! The viburnum is deciduous so I've got variegated euonymus planted behind it for winter interest. The tree peony is just a bunch of bare branches in the winter so I can't really plant anything over it per say. I've started some hebes around the base hoping they'll grow up and help support it when it blooms. It gets pretty heavy - especially if it rains.

    ReplyDelete